Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cupcake Anyone?

I love cupcakes.. not sure why. I know its trendy now, and I'm not typically a trendy person, but I can't resist cupcakes for some reason. Anyway, being that I love cupcakes, naturally I gravitated towards the new XL cupcake die from Sizzix. I didn't realize it when I first looked at it, but the base of the cupcake is actually a pocket. The "toppings" are either a cherry or candle, so you can choose whichever one you want. Here's what I made with it today...
Since the cupcake is pretty large, I wanted to try to make a box or a bag with it. I ended up attaching the cupcake to the take out box since the cupcake gradually gets larger, same as the take out box. This box is quite large after you finish it, so I think it would be a good size for birthday party favors/goodie bags. I know its hard to tell from this photo, but the "frosting" is actually glittered cardstock.
Supplies used:
Take out box- Sizzix
Cupcake die- Sizzix
Glitter cardstock and DP- Doodlebug designs
lace punch- Martha Stewart
The next card utilizes the pocket that I described above, so you can have a message hidden in the cupcake!
Ta Daaaaaaa!
Supplies used:
Cupcake die- Sizzix
Happy Birthday sentiment- Greetings Sizzlit set
Cardstock- Bazzil
Crystals- Hero Arts
DP- Autumn Leaves

4 comments:

eunice said...

Your cupcake card with the surprise slide out greeting is so neat. Cute idea too, to use little crystals for the sprinkles on the cupcake...looks yummy!

Laura said...

So cute that its a pocket! Have you seen those flowers in the pot card that's been going around? You could probably use this to make that too, just attach lots of flowers and leaves over the cupcake top to make it a bunch of flowers instead of a cupcake. And the base can be the pot.

Unknown said...

I love cupcakes too! Nice projects :)

Linda said...

Again, love it! I'm hungry for some sweet treats now ...