Sunday, May 24, 2009

Our Little Flower...

Our daughter was in this year's production of Sleeping Beauty! Her group of girls were little flowers growing in the garden. Earlier, I posted that I was working on a project for my daughter's ballet performance. It's customary to give flowers to performers (or so I'm told), but flowers die so quickly and I knew everyone would be giving the girls real flowers, so I decided to make something for the girls instead.... I wanted to be sure that there was a flower on it somewhere (since they were all flowers).... Here's what I came up with...
I used Ballerina Anya from The Greetings Farm and colored all 50 images of her with my copics. The actual flowers were cut using a Sizzix Bigz die that had 3 different sizes of the same flower- which gave it a nice layered look. You can't reall tell from this photo, but each flower petal was glittered using Stickles. After I attached the flower to the stem, it kept wobbling around, so to stabilize it, I added a ribbon just under the flower to support it. The girls were thrilled to get something they could keep to remember the night by.
Here's our little flower with the flowers I made.
Here's Akemi in her flower costume.
It sure was a lot of work but well worth it. She was thrilled to be part of the performance! The costumes were so cute and really brought everything together. I was quite impressed with the production and how hard all the girls worked!

2 comments:

Denise said...

So precious!! Love those cute Tutu's, and the flower wands you made are a great idea.

eunice said...

Your daughter is so sweet! What a lovely keepsake you created for her and her friends, I'm sure they will treasure it!