Sunday, May 31, 2009

Forgot About This One...

Now that my busy week had come to an end, I have some time to craft again! While going through some of my old photos, I came across these that I forgot about and never posted. My mother-in-law had asked me for a photo of our family (i.e. me, DH and DD). I had planned on making her a shadow box frame for Mother's Day, so I pretended that I kept forgetting to give her a photo. She even suggested which photo to use (i.e. Xmas card photo)... Poor thing, she must've thought I thought her request was not important... even though it wasn't.
My mother-in-law seems to like green, so I tried to incorporate green into the project. I found some old washi paper that contained green and purple and gold, which led me to use purple and gold for the butterflies.
The thing I got stuck on was the sentiment. My DH and I went back and forth on what words to use and finally came up with a simple Happy Mother's Day that I printed from my computer. Sad, I know. I wanted to come up with something more appropriate but I was out of time and had to finish the project already. Anyway, she seemed to really like it, so I guess that's what's most important.
Supplies used:
Washi paper- imported from Japan (purchased from Masako's)
Cardstock- Bazzil
Labels 4- Spellbinders
Butterflies- Spellbinders
Crystal accents- Hero Arts
Flowers- Prima

No comments: