Sunday, May 31, 2009

Distracted!

I'm guilty... I was supposed to work on my class sample, but I just got so distracted! I often visit Teri's blog for inspiration. She has such Big Ideas for a Little Girl (get it? hee hee). Anyway, she posted a tutorial on how to make these cool double shaker boxes. I've been dying to try make one but have been so busy lately, that I'm only getting around to it now. I really wanted to take her class, but since I live on the Big Island, I can't get to her classes when they are offered. It looks really complicated, but it actually isn't that bad.
Don't look too closely, as this is my first attempt. My foam cutting skills are lacking and I think i should get a new blade the next time I try this. I'm also not a good measurer, so I had to make some adjustments to the cover. Also, I think the next time around, I won't use a busy background paper since you can't really see the stuff in the 2nd part of the shaker. I also won't be using those prima paper flowers. They tend to sick together and don't shake around well. Sigh... better luck next time.
Supplies used:
Miss Anya- The Greetings Farm
Sentiment- Hero Arts
Markers- Copics
Flowers- Prima
Gold glitter- Stickles
Dew Drops- Robin's Nest
DP- Doodlebug Designs
Brown Metallic cardstock- Sorry! can't locate company- I'll re-post when I get co. info.
Foamies- 6mm
Acetate
Double stick tape
Microbeads
Heart confetti

1 comment:

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

you did a great job mahalo for sharing