Sunday, May 30, 2010

Slowly But Surely

Yes! I finally made a card! Woo Hoo! This card just evolved on its own- it started with the new DP I got from Island Scrapbooking by Jillybean. The prints were so sweet that I couldn't resist. I've also been meaning to use this CC's image, so I thought I'd try a more 3-D look by cutting out the fence and mounting it on the middle step of this side step card. The butterflies were mounted on the back panel so that it looks like its behind her. Since she looked like she was in deep thought (hence the closed eyes), I found this really long and lean sentiment that fit on the side panel perfectly and matched her expression.
I think what got me almost back to normal is playing with my new distress inks! Can't wait to finish up my creations - right now its about 1/2 complete. They are so addicting! Like playing with large copics!!
Supplies:
Nora Swiss Pixie- CC's Designs
Fence- CC's designs
Sentiment- Hero Arts
Butterflies- MS Crafts
Pearls- Kaisercraft
DP- Jillybean
Cardstock- Bazzil

7 comments:

Michele said...

OMG Jenny, I just LOVE this card!! The way you cut out the fence and mounted to the middle step just makes this card extra special!! Super cute...LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

Awesome card! Love the 3d look & DP. TFS :)

Amy said...

I love these fancy cards, they are so cool! Such a sweet looking card and I think the sentiment is perfect with this pixie too!

mst822 said...

What a super cute card, Jenny! Luv the 3D effect! Pretty DP too!
Tammy

Creative Grammie said...

This is such an adorable card Jenny! Thanks for sharing.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Super cute card Jenny! Glad you got your "mojo" back. :-)

eunice said...

I am absolutely in love with this side step card, Jenny! You did an awesome job with it!!! This is the cutest card ever!