Sunday, February 14, 2010

Kung Hee Fat Choy!

Happy Valentine's Day and Kung Hee Fat Choy! I'm probably spelling that wrong... sorry I'm bad at spelling... Anyway, that's what we say for Chinese New Year. I have been searching high and low for a cute tiger image that I could use for Chinese New Year. I settled on Rintoo, who is the Tiger from Ni Hao Kailan. My nices in L.A. love Ni Hao Kailan, so I thought it would be awesome to combine their Valentine's Day gift with a Tiger for Chinese New Year (they are Chinese). I've heard so much about these little tin mailboxes that everyone got last year at Target, but I guess Target decided not to bring them in this year? At least not the Hawaii ones. My Aunty and Enjoli both tried looking for me (we have no Target in Hilo), without success. I ended up ordering a few on Oriental Trading. I later ordered the Happy Mail Template from My Time Made Easy (by Lauren Meader) which is really cute and a good replacement if you can't get these mailboxes. Happy Valentine's Day Sara and Haley! Hope you get the package soon- sorry its late! Supplies: Rintoo image- clip art from internet Heart punch- Paper shapers Scallop Heart punch- ek success DP- Best Creations and Maiboxes- Oriental Trading company

5 comments:

Islander Girl said...

Oooh so cute!!!! They only sell the Mailboxes at the mainland Target! Boo hoo! Joy and I saw them when we were at CHA. I didn't buy any since room was an issue in my luggages...hahahaha! I love it here in HI but can't wait to move back to the mainland just for this reason...LOL!

Cyndi said...

super cute mailboxes! too bad i didn't know...i actually bought a some mailboxes at target in cali! they were only a dollar!

eunice said...

These are so cute! Love how you embellished your mailboxes. I saw mailboxes at WalMart PC in the Valentines section in January but these were already filled w/ candies and decorated.

joni h said...

was nice meeting you at Teri's! Thanks for my mailbox and the candies for the girls! Loved all of it! I like Kailan too...sometimes I think more than my daughter! Have a great week! Don't forget to check out the prize that you won at Amy's blog.

Unknown said...

Super cute projects! TFS :)