Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Nutshell's Challenge #10- Shades of Green

Hello Everyone! I'm back for my last appearance as a Guest DT member for Nutcrafters. This week's challenge is to make a project using shades of green. Now that Valentine's Day is over, its time to get in the mood for St. Patrick's Day! Instead of making a card, I decided to make another gift bag using some Bo Bunny green paper. This paper has a subtle flower pattern that reminds me of shamrocks, so I thought it would be perfect for this challenge.
Since I didn't use Thankful Rae yet, I decided to ink her up to decorate the bag... Oh yah.. the tutorial for this bag can be found on Elena's blog. Its an origami bag that's fairly easy to make.
Back to Rae... I love that she's hugging her flowers- she's really enjoying them! One of my favorite color combos is green and pink, so I couldn't resist putting some pink in there with the different greens. Here's a close up of Rae...
If you would like to enter this challenge, please check out the Nutshell's blog here... Challenges run 2 weeks and you will need to leave a comment on their site with a link to your project. You can use any stamp that Nutcrafters sells, so you are not limited to the Nutshells line either- but they are so cute, you will want to use them in your project! Good Luck and can't wait to see all of your projects!
Supplies:
DP- Bo Bunny
Thankful Rae- Nutshells
Flowers- Prima
Flourish punch- Paper Shapers
Ribbon
brads- American Crafts
Circle and Scallop Circle punch- Marvy

5 comments:

Joy said...

cute bag! that is darling! well congrats on your guest DT and I know there will be others that will pick you right up! have a great day!

1LuvnMama said...

These images are so adorable! It's hard to resist them . . . hmmm, feeling the need to purchase but gosh, I wanna purchase a lot of things. What to do, what to do!

Islander Girl said...

Oooh this bag is so cute! The DT will definitely miss your creations after your term is up!!! Gonna have to try this bag one day!

Kyoko said...

WOWEE, how cute is the bag! LOVE IT! I wish they would extend your DT time ... I would love to see more of your creations for them!

Huggies,
Kyoko

Jenny V. said...

Adorable bag Jenny, love the colors and cute image. TFS!