Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy Belated B-day Papa Joe!

Yes.. late again.. My step-dad's b-day was last week but I didn't send out his gift till after the fact. Here's the card I made for him. When I first stamped this koi stamp in black, I didn't like the results. It looked like a bad photocopy. I decided to change it up and stamp it in versamark and then apply gold mica powder for a subtle effect. I like how it came out much better! Since the mica powder is more subdued, it kinda looks like the koi is underwater. Or maybe that's just the distress background? Anyway, I added on one of my favorite sentiment stamps by Paper Inspirations. I love their stamps and can't seem to find them anymore. Glad I got the ones I did when I did! Since I didn't want a lot of accents, I just ended up tearing the bottom instead of adding more stuff. I like the simplicity of this card. Guess I really liked it, cause I ended up making several versions using different colored distress inks. These will likely be sold at one of the craft fairs. Stay tuned for more craft fair projects...

2 comments:

Shirley N said...

You are so creative Jenny, these are gorgeous!

ShaniKulani said...

love the card! and the suttleness the distressed inks provide :) hope you have a great craft fair!