Thursday, April 14, 2011

Seas the Day!

I feel really bad about this card because I had started working on it awhile ago and had every intent of finishing it before my class last week. Well, I guess I got distracted and didn't finish it till now. I wanted to show the class the versatility of making this pleated pop up card and how fun it can be. Oh well, hopefully they check my blog to see this sample. In a way, I'm glad that I didn't finish in time... since I waited so long, the new Surfer Anya had arrived at Island Scrapbooking and I was able to use her on the front of the card! I bet she could give Surfer Ian good rubs yah? Let me tell ya, her hair was a real challenge for me. Now I know why I like coloring straight hair better. Oh yah, also wanted to point out that I put diamond glaze on her surfboard to make it look shiny. Here's the inside of the card when its opened. I hand cut the "waves" using acetate and then used my handy dandy distress applicator and put the felt pads on top and used my alcohol inks. I used blue for the water color and then added the pearly white and silver colors for the foam. Do you likey? Ian looked lonely surfing by himself, so I found some friends to go surfing with him. Both critters are from the Lawn Fawn Critters in the Sea set. This set is really cute and the images are a good size to either be the focal point or the accessory to the card. Adhered the turtle behind the wave so it looks like he's swimming. Well, tomorrow is another furlough Friday for me... Sigh- I'm going to miss them! Gotta make sure I have everything for my class. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

kris said...

Oh WOW!! what a fabulous creation!! looking at the front of the card makes me want to hit the beach... and then i scroll down to the inside and WOW!! amazing creation... now that makes me want to hit the waves!! Amazing girly!! =D

Laura said...

These cards are so cool. I really like this one.

Cyndi said...

very cute and creative card!

Linda said...

Very cooool Jenny! Makes me wanna surf even though I don't know how to swim! Heehee!