Saturday, August 14, 2010

Fin-Tastic Day Easel Card

I'm on a roll using my digis! I'm loving this mermaid from the Sweet November collection (Hi Amy!) by CC's Designs. This gal was one of my favorites from the collection and the bonus was the cute sea lion. After coloring the mermaid and her friend, I decided to do something about all that white space. And I mean literal white space, not just blank space. I guess I didn't feel like cutting her out this time, so I ended up using my distress inks to color the background. I was pleasantly surprised that it worked! I don't have the copic airbrush system (yet!), so I'm happy to find this alternative. Here's a close up of the mermaid... Found this old piece of cork that I had bought awhile ago and didn't use up. Thought it was perfect background for this image since it resembles sand. Added more to the inside of the card as well and ripped the edges so it didn't look so perfect.
Did you notice my little starfish? I found these little Doodlebug braddies in my stash and thought they'd be perfect for this card. Now I wish I bought more of them.
Here's the inside of the easel card.
Supplies:
  • Mermaid digi- CC's Designs (Sweet November)
  • Starfish braddie- Doodlebug
  • Cardstock- Bazzil
  • Cork
  • Fintastic sentiment- CC's Designs
  • Starfish paper- Imaginisce

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So beautiful card! So creative. TFS :)

Shirley N said...

Love your card Jenny--nice idea using the cork. Your coloring is beautiful too! Have a great weekend!

Amy said...

This is awesome Jenny, you've created the perfect scene! Your coloring is amazing and I really love how using your distressing inks on the background turned out too, it's so pretty!

eunice said...

Wonderful card Jenny! Lovin the distress ink background again and hey, that cork is such a wonderful addition...looks like sand!