Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is There Such A Thing As Too Much Fun?

Well, I'm back in Hilo and still recuperating from this weekend. I was very fortunate to be invited to this year's Islander Girls Social 2 that was on Oahu this past weekend. Teri and company hosted the event, which was so much fun! I met a lot of new friends but wish I had mingled a bit more cause I know I missed out on meeting some other bloggers that were also there that day.
Here's the gals on my table. I think we were labeled "the loud table" cause we were definitely the loudest ones there. I had met Linda, Kyoko, and Janis earlier, but was so happy to meet Jo, Kelly, Cindy, Jodi and Cami too! (and of course Debi who I came with). We had so much fun talking story and making our projects together.
Joy from Tamiko's was also there and brought her whole store with her! I totally scored on good finds that I can't get in Hilo. AND Tamiko's donated the prize for the card contest that I won!! (can you believe it?) Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of my card (duh) to share with you so I guess I have no real proof that I won... do I? Guess you'll just have to take my word for it. I must say that I feel really honored that my card was voted by everyone there (who are all awesome crafters!). OK enough tooting my own horn (sorry, don't get to toot that often).
I know you've probably already seen all the projects we did at the event, so I won't re-post them here. If you haven't seen them yet, head on over to Linda's blog here to see what we did.
I think the funniest part of the day was when Michelle stole Linda's Edward and Linda didn't notice it for awhile. For more Pocket Edward's Hawaiian Adventures, check out his blog here... I wonder if Edward will write about that adventure?? Here's a photo of Kyoko and Linda... this photo just says it all!
After this fun filled day, Debi and I decided that it was time for more shopping!!! We hit several stores and had a blast. Thanks Debi for keeping me company! I think I did all the shopping and you only shopped for windows. Here's the two Hilo Girls (not originally from Hilo)...
Just wanted to thank Teri for the awesome job she did in planning this whole event and to all the ladies who came and made it fun!

10 comments:

Joy said...

so cute! glad everyone had fun! it was truly a memorable one!

Linda said...

Hi Jenny! I had so much fun with you and Debi! But you already know that ... OMG, I can't believe you posted that picture of Edward trying to get away from Kyoko! Hahaha! That sure was funny! Don't forget to let me know the next time you're in town so we can get together again, k? Take care and miss you already!

Teri said...

Glad you and Debi had a grand time on Saturday. Wished we were able to chat more, but I will see you when you come to Oahu again...thanks for bringing Debi, we had a nice chat and laughs!

Cami said...

Hi Jenny! We surely had fun at our table didn't we? Thanks to you and Debi, we were able to finish our projects!!! You two are the sweetest gals and I'm glad you got to do a LOT of shopping! Like Linda said, let us know when you gals come back so we can get together! Hugs, Cami

Cyndi said...

looks like it was fun! too bad i couldn't make it! hopefully next year!

Janis said...

OMG, I can't believe that you posted that pic of Kyoko, Linda w/pocket Edward. lol. Thanks for a fun time & helping us finish our projects!

Kyoko said...

HAHAHAHHA ... HILARIOUS!!! Wasn't that FUN!! I hope we didn't scare Debi with all our nonsense - LOL! Thanks for such a memorable day.

Brenda said...

i'm so glad you enjoyed yourself! it was a fun day, wasn't it? next time i hope we get to meet. congrats on winning the card contest! i wish you took a picture of your card because i didn't get to see which one was yours, but i heard it was fabulous! take care!

Debi said...

Thanks for inviting me! The photos just extended the feeling of fun and tons of laughs! What a perfect day, great company and crafting, then shopping!

Jodi said...

This was a fun day, and so nice to have met both you and Debi in person!!
Can't wait to see what you will create next!
Hugs
Jodi =)