Friday, August 27, 2010

Happy Belated Birthday Mom!

Talk about being really late on a birthday present! My mom's birthday was back in May, but I was so busy around that time, that I didn't get a chance to make anything. If you've been reading my blog, you'll know that my mom only likes home made gifts from me, so I always need to figure out what to make for her presents. Being that Mother's Day is right around her b-day, I sometimes get stumped on making 2 gifts around the same time. Anyway, since Les did the photo shoot with the girls back in July, I thought this would make a nice album for mom for her belated b-day present. Of course Hello Kitty would need to be included somehow on the project, so I added her in on the cover. Since the girls all wore red and white w/a little black accents, I went with those colors for the album. Here's what it looks like when its open. I actually added in their names under their photos for the final product but its not shown here. Here's close ups of the album. I don't know if you can tell but I used mirrored cardstock for the flowers. They were punched using the MS hydrangea and mini hydrangea punches. Love how they coordinate and offer several sizes. I like the effect of using the mirrored cardstock- made the flowers pop off the page in real life. I only added one Hello Kitty to the middle panel. Didn't want to take anything away from the girls. My mom loved it! I finally delivered it to her this past weekend. She then placed her order for a calendar using these photos. Off to do my next project for her! Supplies:
  • Cardstock- Bazzil
  • DP- Doodlebug
  • Hello Kitty- Sizzix
  • Large Hello Kitty head- Cricut
  • Hydrangea punches- MS Crafts

6 comments:

Cami said...

Oh Jenny, your "Photo Album" card for your Mom is magnificent! First of all, the red/black/white with HK is just too pretty. I'm sure she felt it was worth all the wait to receive it. A very clever idea to put all those photos for her to keep on display! Time flies and we forget to capture the "days of youth" so to speak and this will always be there for her to look at. Fantastic job Jenny! Hugs, Cami

Jodi said...

OMG woman!! This is really just amazingly cute and adorable!! Your mom will really love this!! I know I would!! This is seriously awesome!! It really was so nice to see you at the social and to meet you in person, I hope that you visit again soon!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Janis said...

OMG, what a fabulous card/scrapbook/photo album!! It is so wonderful. It must have taken you awhile to put this all together. Your mother must just love it!!!

Happy Honu said...

Jenny, that is soooo beautiful. I love the colors and how you put the album together. I knew you were talented, but YOU GO GIRL!!! Great work and you've inspired me :)

mst822 said...

Luv your tri shutter album, Jenny! It's so beautiful! Great pics & luv that Hello Kitty! Thanks again for the tutorial! I hope mines comes out as beautiful as yours!
Tammy

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Wow Jenny, that's THE BOMB. Your mom is gonna love it and it'll be worth the wait.
KI