Sunday, May 11, 2014

All Occasion Gorjuss

I was playing around with my new stamps and decided to try to mimic a layout I saw earlier while surfing the net.  The layout consisted of rolling back the paper and adding some flowers underneath.  It didn't come out quite like I imagined it would, but I think it looks ok.  Here's what I came up with...


Colored up this  image called the Black Star.  Not sure why she's named that but I thought she had a cute pose. I didn't include a sentiment since I could keep it in my stash and add a sentiment when needed.


I ended up paper piecing her dress this time. I like the paper used by Kaisercraft.  The soft water color looks is so pretty.

Not sure if you can tell, but I painted the corrugated cardboard with some turquoise paint instead of gesso this time for a different look and added all the roses peeking out from under the rolled edge.


And because the corner looked empty, I added a bow using my favorite ribbon- seam binding!!


Thanks again for bearing with my new addiction!  Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: