Friday, May 9, 2014

Thankful Gorjuss

I guess you could say I'm thankful that I found my old Gorjuss Girls!  Talk about hidden treasure!  Again,  I'm late for the party and only bought some of the older sets.  Too bad I didn't just buy all of them then.  Now they are almost impossible to find and I see a lot of people asking how to get the old stamps.  I'm grateful that I did decide to buy this girl as many of others are still looking for her.  You can't even find her on ebay!


Since I guess she is now pretty "vintage" I went with a vintage look to this card.  I used some of that beautiful Maja Designs papers from Sweden that I got from Scrapper's Den.  I need to get more the next time I'm in town.  I also busted out my old spellbinders dies for the frame.  I forgot how much I like that die.

At first I added just the roses around the Gorjuss Girl, but I thought it needed something, so I punched out some leaves with an old Martha Stewart punch and that seemed to add just what I was looking for.  I'm so proud that I'm using my old stuff!  Yay!


Finished the card off with some flatback pearl trim.  Need to find some in different pastel colors.  So I colored up more of the old Gorjuss Girl images, but I'm gonna need to go back to them because the new stamps are calling me!

No comments: