Friday, May 16, 2014

Another Gorjuss Surprise Pop Up Card

Happy Aloha Friday!!!  Did you ever wake up and think it was Saturday... sucks yah?  Well, that's what happened to me this morning, but I'm determined to make it a good day... cause it's the start of the weekend after all!

So yesterday I was able to whip up a card using one of my new Gorjuss Girls stamps, Yay!  The new stamps are much larger than the previous releases.  I like the size for canvases and other projects, but its sometimes challenging to put them on my cards.  This card was especially difficult to find an image that would fit, but since this girl is sitting, I thought she might be able to fit on the pop up portion.


So after I figured out how to make the card larger, I made several that are just waiting to be decorated.  This is a great time saving tip because when you mass produce you don't have to keep looking at the dimensions.  I also like this card because it reminds me to use up my 6x6 papers that are just taking up space.

I believe the papers used on this card is by Prima and I want to say its the Nature's Garden stack.  Love this paper!  Since it was predominatly gray, I went with pink accents.  Then I opened it up and realized it had more blue undertones... Oh well.

Here's a closer look at the image.


And some of the flowers I used.. Some are from Downtown LA, Wild Orchid Crafts and I am Roses.



The part I like best about this card is when it's popped up!  I knew I wanted the girl to pop up, but I thought it looked a little empty... so I experimented a bit and ended up attaching a Memory Box die cut behind her so that when you slide the card open, it is still attached behind her and looks like its floating.


Here's a better look at it...


OK gotta go get ready for work!  Have a great day!

1 comment:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Super cute. You're on a roll.