Monday, September 28, 2009

Distressed

I've been interested in distressing techniques and finally decided to give it a shot. At the BF Paper Party, I saw a Sizzix sample that used the distressing technique on Hello Kitty. I found myself going back to that card over and over again, so I decided to try my hand at distressing.
Here's what I came up with... this was definitely out of my comfort zone, but I'm pretty happy with the results. I guess its good to take a risk once in awhile. To add some bling (who am I kidding, a lot of bling), I used the In Stitches flourish templates by Bazzil. Since I didn't have that many small clear crystals, I decided to use red since the flower I made was red.
Here's a close up look at Hello Kitty.
Hope you like it!
Supplies used:
Hello Kitty- Sizzix
Flourish and Flower- Sizzix
Crystals- Hero Arts
Cardstock- Bazzil
In Stitches flourish template- Bazzil
Lace border punch- Martha Stewart

7 comments:

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

you did a great job with the distressing....that is a new look for me also but i am gravitating to the distress and vintage look. TFS

joni h said...

your card came out great! distressing adds a nice touch to a card. love the swirl & bling!

Joy said...

this is such a cute and adorable card! love the hello kitty and the bling w/ flourishes! this card came out super sweet! good job on the distressing...sometimes it really adds to the card! TFS!

Teri said...

Wow! Just love this card and all of that bling!

Islander Girl said...

Hey Jenny! I got your email, will work on your banner tonight! Love your composition book! It's so cute and great job on the distressing!!!

Elena said...

Very cute card! Great job on the distressing.

Cheryl said...

Hey Jenny, your distressed HK card turned out really cute! I was looking at the sample again today. I may have to try something like that myself.