Friday, September 18, 2009

Snow Dolls Ornaments

Hi Everyone! I'm soooooo glad its Friday! What a week, I can't wait for the weekend.
I'm so happy to finally be using my new Snow Dolls stamps from Hero Arts. When I saw these stamps, I just had to have them... and I don't even make Christmas cards!!!! Who knows, one day when I'm old and gray, I will probably be making Christmas cards... I don't want to be thinking to myself, now why didn't I buy those cute Snow Dolls stamps when I had the chance? hee hee.
So, since I don't really make Christmas cards, I decided to use them to make ornaments. When I first started searching the blogs, I was happy to find the Dandelion Designs Blog. Jean has such great ideas and is so nice to share them with the crafting community. (Did I tell you that I credit her with getting me back into stamping?) Anyway, I found a cute ornament she posted on her blog. Instead of stamping on the ornament itself with Staz On, I decided to just decorate the acetate that the image is mounted on. To give it some texture, I ran the acetate circle through my cuttlebug folders. I love how it came out! On the one with just snowflakes, I used stickles for some bling.
Here's the other doll I made...
These were really fun to make. As soon as I saw the snap ornaments at BF, I knew what I was going to do with them. I hear you can also roll up the acetate and slip it into a regular glass ornament and adjust it with your tweezers, but I haven't tried it that way yet.
Hope you have a great weekend!
Supplies used:
Snow Dolls stamps- Hero Arts
Markers- Copics
Stickles
Acetate
Snowflakes and Snow Dots embossing folders- Cuttlebug
Ribbon
Gold string

6 comments:

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

too cute love these...tfs

Linda said...

LOVE IT! Super cute!

Michelle Alejandro said...

This is so adorable! Love it!

Jodi said...

Love this and how adorable it turned out!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Teri said...

Love these snow dolls! Great ornaments too!! I better get started with my holiday stuff too!!

Unknown said...

Cool idea. Plus, it's something very easy to make and the materials used are easy to find.

I just thought of sharing this site, http://www.christinascrafts.com.au/. I just find their creations really pretty. Since you are into paper crafting. I thought this site would suit your interest. They got really cool paper crafts. ^ ^