Sunday, September 13, 2009

Relax!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend! I was pretty exhausted after yesterday's huge sale at Island Scrapbooking, so I spent most of today just relaxing and crafting... I wanted to play with my new Your Next Stamps that came in on Friday!!! Did I mention that I love these stamps?
So, since this was a relaxing day for me, I decided to use the Bubbly Fun Fhiona, since she knows how to relax! Ok, so I didn't have a bubble bath... you wouldn't either if you knew that there was a very large cockroach on the ceiling in your bathroom watching you take a shower! I swear he was watching me... they always seem to wait till I'm naked and vulnerable. Need to send out a big thank you to my husband, the cockroach killer, who saved me. In case you haven't realized it by now, I'm DEATHLY afraid of roaches, especially flying ones!
Sorry, went totally off the subject there, but had to vent. Back to Fhiona... I just love the bubbles in her bath, so I wanted them to look like real bubbles. I decided to use my pearly dew drops for the larger bubbles and my liquid pearls for the smaller ones. I actually added more pearls on the tub. I also tried out the technique used in the Copics class I took at Photocraft on the tub. Used a very light blue to give it some dimension, it came out better than I thought it was going to.
This Fhiona set comes with a rubber ducky, champagne glass, more bubbles and a few sentiments, including the "relax". Maybe it should have included a can of Raid! LOL!
Supplies used:
Fhiona stamp set- Your Next Stamp
Markers- Copics
DP- Reminisce
Cardstock- Bazzil
Dew Drops- The Robin's Nest
Flowers- Prima
Lace border punch- Martha Stewart

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome card! I love the cute image, and the bubbles look so real. Nice job TFS! Have a very nice week :)

Michelle Alejandro said...

This is so adorable. Love how you used the dew drops for the bubbles, too cute!

Joy said...

so cute! I wish I could take a bubble bath too! she looks so happy and peaceful! love those pearls to make the bubbles look so real! TFS!

Teri said...

Love your card! Wish I could relax a bit too, but just don't know how!!

joni h said...

Was the roach wiggling his antennae at ya?! ready to take flight, right at your forehead!! ugh! I can't stand them either!!
great card! so relaxing! wouldn't it be great to relax everyday like that!

Kyoko said...

OMG, this image is just PERFECT! I really like how you made "bubbles"!