Saturday, September 5, 2009

Gatefold Scrapbook

Hope everyone is having a good long weekend! I sure am!
While I was in Honolulu last weekend, I visited Photocraft and got an impromptu lesson on how to make this cool gatefold scrapbook. Actually, I don't really know if its called that or not, but that's what I call it. If you want to learn how to make this cool scrapbook, Photocraft is having classes on this soon so check with their store for more info. Its totally worth it!
I think Brian said one of their customers from the mainland shared it with them. When you first look at it, its mind boggling, but once you see how its done, its pretty easy to do. I love putting together mini scrapbooks for specific events or occasions, so this is perfect for me!
Since getting home, I thought I'd better practice and write down the instructions before I forget! I decided to make a Christmas version since I got these cute new papers from Island Scrapbooking. Its always nice to have all your photos in one small album to document the event. Can't believe I'm actually ahead of the game for once!
Here's what it looks like when you open the cover.
Here's the back of the pulled out piece.
This is what it looks like when you open the next layer...
Here's the back of the page above.
Here's the book when its open..
You really need to see this in person. If you go to Photocraft, ask to see their Smirk album. Its really cute!
Supplies used:
DP: Imaginisce, Doodlebug
Cardstock: Bazzil
Ribbon
Dew Drops
Stickles
Lace border punches: Fiskars and Martha Stewart
Christmas 2009 sentiment: Printed from computer

2 comments:

Janis said...

Wow! That looks like a double-layered gatefold. Great job on the color combos. You are so on top of everything for the holidays. Have a great Sunday!

Unknown said...

So beautiful! Great job :)