Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mike Sakamoto Memorial Scholarship Fishing Tournament

For those of you who know me, you probably know that Mike Sakamoto was my father in law.
This past Sunday was the first annual Mike Sakamoto Memorial Scholarship Fishing Tournament. It was nice to see so many people come out to show their support. I am not a great photographer, so if you want to see more photos from the event, go to my friend's blog, Leslie's Pics for candids. Thanks Les for keeping me company that day!
Here's Akemi with her Gyotaku t-shirt. Cute yah?
Paul's sister Stef did a great job helping to coordinate this event and representing the family. Thanks to the committee who worked really hard putting everything together! Best of all, it was nice to see all of our friends and family again from Honolulu! Miss you guys!

7 comments:

Kyoko said...

Wow, what an honor for your late FIL! I didn't even make the connection. I used to always watch his TV fishing show. You guys must really miss him, but honoring him this way is so AWESOME!

Cyndi said...

That's nice, it seemed to be a good turnout!

Janis said...

What a great event to memorialize such a terrific guy! Really enjoyed spending time with you and thanks for the mochi! It was yummy!

Linda said...

Hey Jenny! Looks like everyone had fun! Tell me next year before hand cuz I think my hubby would love to be involved (he's a fisherman and actually went fishing w/your FIL many years ago in Hilo). Take care and hope to see you soon ...

joni h said...

what a great way to honor such a great fisherman! used to watch his show faithfully, but, it never helped my fishing! I love the shirt that was made too!

Waipahu CBDO dba Waipahu Community Coalition said...

congratulations on putting on a special event. Your FIL would be very proud of you guys. Take care and God Bless!

Joy said...

wow! I didn't know he was your father in law. what a great event to remember him! he was such a great fisherman. I'm sure he was smiling at all of you. have a great weekend!