Friday, November 27, 2009

First Chirstmas Card Sent!

For most of you who know me.. ever since I had my daughter, I haven't made Christmas cards. Frankly, it stresses me out to have to make so many, that I end up not doing it. Normally I just send out those photo cards to everyone since they all want to see Akemi anyway. But this year, since I've been re-inspired by all of you craft bloggers out there, I've decided to make a few cards for those that will appreciate them! Instead of going with traditional red and green, I decided to go with light blue for this card. I was pleasantly surprised to find this print on the back of a DP I bought from Island Scrapbooking. I had originally bought the paper for the other side, but found this side to have a winter feel to it. My cousin Laura won my birthday blog candy, so I decided to combine it with her xmas goodies and card. While growing up together, I remember her liking the color blue a lot, so I thought she would like this card... Actually have no idea if she still likes blue since my favorite color used to be yellow.. now I gravitate towards pink and red or color combos... Getting off track again.. back to the card! I picked up the holly MS punch and decided to make a wreath out of it. I stamped the sentiment on a circle and used it as a guide to placing my holly. Instead of using the very very small punched circles, I decided to use crystals for the berries. I think it came out nicer and much less difficult to handle than the small circle punches. Hope you like it! Its my first Christmas card in 5 years!!! Supplies: Sugar Plum stamp- CC's designs Markers- Copics DP- Bo Bunny Cardstock- Bazzil Stickles Crystals Holly punch- MS Crafts Ribbon Seasons Greetings sentiment- Hero Arts

5 comments:

Maylee said...

Well, you've been holding back your talent for too long! This is super cute and I'm sure all those people on your Christmas list are going to expect a hand made card from here on out!

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs~
Maylee

kris said...

Jenny this is beautiful!!! love the blue and that cute wreath! you go girl!!! create create create!!! hugs, Kris

mst822 said...

What a beautiful card! Love the idea using the holly punch to build your wreath!

joni h said...

great card! love the wreath & the BLUE!!! Now I'm re-thinking my xmas cards....blue & green?!
Have a great weekend!

Brenda said...

Love your wreath! Great coloring too!