Saturday, November 7, 2009

Island Scrapbooking Card Drawing

Island Scrapbooking hosted a Card Drawing, where customers could submit a card (sorta like a one card swap) that we numbered and then drew numbers to see what card we would get. It was fun to see all the different cards everyone came up with. Here's the card I entered into the drawing... I used Swept Away Fhiona by Your Next Stamp.
I really wanted to do an acetate card but wasn't sure how to approach it. Finally, I just went for it and this is what I came up with... I only put the leaves on the acetate which gave it some dimension. The inside of the card held the background paper and image. I mounted Fhiona on a 3x3 card that you could open. Here's what it looked like when you opened it...
I just love this DP and really wanted to use it. This stamp set just worked perfectly with it!
Supplies:
Fhiona stamp- Your Next Stamp
DP- Bo Bunny
Cardstock- Bazzil
Acetate
Ribbon
Here's the card I received in the swap... Its by Sharon- love the frog and flies!!! Thanks Sharon!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, I love your acetate card. I am inspired to make a few tonight. Thanks for sharing!!!

Kyoko said...

Sounds like a FUN card swap! I love your acetate card and you receive a cute frog card in return. Hope you have a great week GF!