Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sweet Lolli

Hi Everyone!
Is everyone ready for Thanksgiving??? I'm not. I guess since I'm not going home this weekend, I'm not in the mood. Plus I have to work the day after Thanksgiving- which is my normal shopping day- yes I'm the crazy one who goes out on Black Friday and buys the majority of my Christmas gifts.... but not this year. I guess it doesn't matter since the last time I spent Black Friday in Hilo, I pretty much finished all my shopping by 10:00am.
OK- enough grumbling... on to the post!
I forgot to post this goodie bag/card combo earlier. When Lolli Anya first came in, I had to make something with her- she's really cute yah? It was right after the first Craft Night at Island Scrapbooking, where Donna asked me how I add the white highlights into hair. I really didn't know how to do that, so Donna inspired me to figure it out. I'm really junk at hair, so this was definitely a challenge for me!
I made the card first... I chickened out and didn't leave the highlighted area white...
Then I decided to make the matching bag... I got braver here and tried to leave the highlights white. I guess it looks better from far away.
Supplies:
Lolli Anya- TGF
DP- Doodlebug Designs
Markers- Copics
Stickles
Cardstock- Bazzil
Swiss dots embossing folder- Cuttlebug
Lace border punch- Martha Stewart
Merry Christmas sentiment- IS custom laser cut
Well, hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving! I'm just glad I don't have to cook the turkey!

7 comments:

Joy said...

awe...just got this stamp too...didn't have time to ink her up just yet! you did a great job coloring her. love the matching purse! is that a template? wonderful job! have a happy Thanksgiving too!

kris said...

OMGosh Jenny!!! it runed up super!!! fabulous job on the white highlights... i really have to practice the hair thing... LOL... GREAT creations... that DP on your card is so yummy sweet! and the goodie bag is fabby!!! TFS your goodies! hugs, Kris

Teri said...

OMG! this bag and card combo is just too cute! Lolli is such a cute GF image! Love the coloring too, I haven't tried highlighing on hair, yet!

Brenda said...

That is such a cute image and a cute bag too! TFS... Happy Thanksgiving!

Maylee said...

Love your highlights! It's perfect.

Ilissa said...

Hi, I totally love how you colored the hair..I wish I could learn how to do that. I enjoy seeing your creations and thanks for sharing.

mst822 said...

Oh my Jenny! Your Lolli projects are just tooo cute! I think you did a great job on her highlights! Happy Thanksgiving!